Read me!

¡It's raining blood!

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

La la la

Hey, this is a pretty good page for upcoming concerts in the area. Oh, what I would give to go to Ozzfest! There are going to be so many good bands there. Wow, pit tickets are only $100 each. That is sooo worth it. Really, no other seats in the place are good seats. I don't like the White River Amphitheater. And I wish I had $200. Sigh.

I was talking to my parents today about how supposedly no one is getting Labor Day weekend off and they told me I could not work it because I have to go camping. That is so lame. I could get fired because they're making me go camping. I can't get fired! I'm seriously freaking out about this and it will probably turn out to be not such a big deal like everything else I freak out about but yeah, how good will it look that I was fired from my first job? I'm just hoping my bosses will be reasonable. I don't have a choice. And I really love my job.

Hmm...some good songs to check out::
16 Military Wives::The Decemberists
I Predict a Riot::Kaiser Chiefs
I Kissed a Girl::Jill Sobule

Okay, I don't know that any of you will like that last one but I really like it's beat plus it's an interesting song. But the first 2 are great songs!

Oh, something that confuses me...why do people always say that Vancouver is a part of Oregon? Am I just totally lost, is there a vancouver, oregon? It seriously bugs/confuses me when like people ask what part of oregon to visit and other people are like, "you gotta check out vancouver!". I just don't get it.

But yeah, I'm done here. I can't think of anything else to bore you guys with. Lucky you. Oh, no work tomorrow!

::EDIT::
Wow, I am soooooo excited!!
94/7 and Oregon Music Hall of Fame presents The Bite of Oregon 2005 showcase w/ local bands, Derby, The Punk Group, Softcore, Durango Park, and The Kingdom opening for The Decemberists and The Violent Femmes doors at 11am shows starts at noon$5 at door benefiting Special Olympics...

5 dollars! That's it. For the decemberists and the violent femmes. I have to go. That will be an amazing show!
http://www.biteoforegon.com/ I've actually never been to Waterfront Park. I don't know if I'll be able to find transportation. Oh well...hopefully Sara will drive or something.

2 Comments:

  • At August 07, 2005 4:28 PM, Blogger Eric said…

    Hey, thanks for the link. That one goes on my favorites list. Yeah, Ozzfest does look really good this year... really, really good... so I'll try not to gloat over the fact that I'll be there... and in the pit, too. So... HA! They really jacked those prices up since I bought my tickets, though; $100 is way too much. Don't feel too bad about missing it though: it lasts all day long, and they don't have good bands to fill all of that time, so often you are stuck listening to inferior metal. Plus, the past two years I've gone, there was a great deal of sunlight (something I must admit I'm slightly unaccustomed to)... so yeah, that sucked.

    I can't say that I've heard more than one of your three songs, and I didn't particularly like that song. In fact, I hated it. With a passion. It could be, however, that this has nothing to do with the quality music itself, but more with the fact that I am convinced that those damn Kaiser Chiefs stole the opening of that song from an opening to a song by The Black Dahlia Murder. And in case you are wondering, yes, the Black Dahlia song is much, much better. Good band or not, the Kaiser Chiefs are thieves. I'll keep my eye out for those other two songs, though.

    Also, I'll conveniently skip over that Vancouver question, because I have no idea. I've often wondered myself... isn't Vancouver in British Columbia? But I've always been too afraid to ask.

     
  • At August 09, 2005 8:26 PM, Blogger LillianJamesRavenwood said…

    Yeah, I just read your post and I must say I am immensely jealous! But it's not really so big of a deal because I really won't know much of the music and concerts really suck when you have never heard any of the music before (at least from my past experiences). Really, the pit is the only place at that venue to be because all of the seats pretty much suck so you're lucky.
    If you listen to 94.7 ever you will most likely hear those songs. I don't listen to it hardly at all but the last 2 times I have I've heard all 3 of those songs.
    I believe Vacouver is in BC too. They really should come up with some original names.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home