Feminist Sweepstakes!!
Hey all. Sorry, I'm uncreative and the title came from the name of a Le Tigre cd that just happens to be sitting right next to me. So, I'm sorry to say but there won't be any sweepstakes on this entry. Hopefully none of you are terribly disappointed and if you are, oh well. =)
Well...I have great news!!! I am now employed! And you are of course going to laugh at me but I now work at A&W/Taco Time in town. Of course I'm not going to put what town because you kids are smart enough to figure that one out. But yes, come in this weekend and see me! Hopefully I'll be working but there's no way I'll be ready for cash register by then so maybe next week or something come in and get food from me! Lol. You'll get too see me in my sweet new uniform. =/ Actually I have to wear a red t-shirt, black pants, black shoes, and a black hat. Could be worse I suppose. My mom just hit me with the harsh reality of taxes today. At least I didn't have to realize it when I got my pay check. Speaking of, we get paid on the 5th and 20th of every month. That's pretty sweet. It's...reliable I guess. So if someone asks me to do something on the 21st I'll be like sure, I'll have money! Lol. I already promised Kritzeck I would chill with her at the mall when I got my first check so I could get her a sweet birthday present. But yeah. I don't think that will happen because my mom usually isn't too keen on me spending my money on other people but yeah, we'll see.
I'm totally excited because Amy K and Clint got hired today! And Kassey and Amanda already work there. It's going ot be so awesome working with my friends although I think we'll all get annoyed with each other soon. But that's okay. We'll get over it, we're pretty close friends. Supposedly my other friend Jimmy (james southworth) had an interview today. That would suck if he didn't get hired and I did considering he's 19. That's why I don't think they should have hired me and Amy and Clint on the spot. She wasn't sure of me because I'm not 17 yet so she had to go call the manager and ask him if it was okay and supposedly he said sure and to start me off today. Lol. I think I'm going to like him, he seems really friendly.
I realize this is pretty lame but it kind of makes me happy to be a part of the "working class" or whatever. It's like I'm growing up or something. A job is a pretty big step. I feel kind of bad because I give my friend Brett crap about how the system beat him because he doesn't wear make-up anymore or dye/grow out his hair or wear weird clothes. Like, I've actually seen him in jeans now! It's insane. But yeah, I refuse to let the system beat me. Lol. I shall still dress weird and dye my hair. But actually, I won't be dying my hair considering my mom's not going to let me next year.
I'm kind of freaking out because I don't know whether they're going to give me off the time I will need off. Like camping. My mom told me today that I have to go camping on Labor Day and there's no way I'm not going. But what if I can't get the days off??? There's no way I'm going to quit my job because she wants me to go shopping!!!
Ha, I convinced Evan to get a myspace account and now the other two of you should too!
Man, all of a sudden I don't want to finish this. And for some reason I have been talking non-stop lately.
Ooh, one more thing: This morning I went into my interview and Amy was in there doing her interview wearing a white shirt and cut off jean shorts!!!!!!!!!!!! I was wearing black pants, strappy sandals that killed my feet, a purple tshirt, and a grey pinstriped blazer with purple buttons. I dressed up and killed my feet for no reason! And yea, my feet are dead because they have so many blisters. I don't want to walk anywhere ever again but i have to walk to a & w again tomorrow to turn in a tax form. AND I CAN'T FIND MY SOCIAL SECURITY CARD! Dang! Estacada is boring. I'm glad work will actually fill my time. Well, peace out ya'll.
Well...I have great news!!! I am now employed! And you are of course going to laugh at me but I now work at A&W/Taco Time in town. Of course I'm not going to put what town because you kids are smart enough to figure that one out. But yes, come in this weekend and see me! Hopefully I'll be working but there's no way I'll be ready for cash register by then so maybe next week or something come in and get food from me! Lol. You'll get too see me in my sweet new uniform. =/ Actually I have to wear a red t-shirt, black pants, black shoes, and a black hat. Could be worse I suppose. My mom just hit me with the harsh reality of taxes today. At least I didn't have to realize it when I got my pay check. Speaking of, we get paid on the 5th and 20th of every month. That's pretty sweet. It's...reliable I guess. So if someone asks me to do something on the 21st I'll be like sure, I'll have money! Lol. I already promised Kritzeck I would chill with her at the mall when I got my first check so I could get her a sweet birthday present. But yeah. I don't think that will happen because my mom usually isn't too keen on me spending my money on other people but yeah, we'll see.
I'm totally excited because Amy K and Clint got hired today! And Kassey and Amanda already work there. It's going ot be so awesome working with my friends although I think we'll all get annoyed with each other soon. But that's okay. We'll get over it, we're pretty close friends. Supposedly my other friend Jimmy (james southworth) had an interview today. That would suck if he didn't get hired and I did considering he's 19. That's why I don't think they should have hired me and Amy and Clint on the spot. She wasn't sure of me because I'm not 17 yet so she had to go call the manager and ask him if it was okay and supposedly he said sure and to start me off today. Lol. I think I'm going to like him, he seems really friendly.
I realize this is pretty lame but it kind of makes me happy to be a part of the "working class" or whatever. It's like I'm growing up or something. A job is a pretty big step. I feel kind of bad because I give my friend Brett crap about how the system beat him because he doesn't wear make-up anymore or dye/grow out his hair or wear weird clothes. Like, I've actually seen him in jeans now! It's insane. But yeah, I refuse to let the system beat me. Lol. I shall still dress weird and dye my hair. But actually, I won't be dying my hair considering my mom's not going to let me next year.
I'm kind of freaking out because I don't know whether they're going to give me off the time I will need off. Like camping. My mom told me today that I have to go camping on Labor Day and there's no way I'm not going. But what if I can't get the days off??? There's no way I'm going to quit my job because she wants me to go shopping!!!
Ha, I convinced Evan to get a myspace account and now the other two of you should too!
Man, all of a sudden I don't want to finish this. And for some reason I have been talking non-stop lately.
Ooh, one more thing: This morning I went into my interview and Amy was in there doing her interview wearing a white shirt and cut off jean shorts!!!!!!!!!!!! I was wearing black pants, strappy sandals that killed my feet, a purple tshirt, and a grey pinstriped blazer with purple buttons. I dressed up and killed my feet for no reason! And yea, my feet are dead because they have so many blisters. I don't want to walk anywhere ever again but i have to walk to a & w again tomorrow to turn in a tax form. AND I CAN'T FIND MY SOCIAL SECURITY CARD! Dang! Estacada is boring. I'm glad work will actually fill my time. Well, peace out ya'll.

10 Comments:
At July 28, 2005 6:18 PM,
☭CRUSH you. said…
What time is it? Taco Time.
Taco Time - open all the doors and let you all go out to buy some food.
Taco Time - time to give a taco to every little boy and girl.
Taco Time - One last call for burritos, all, so finish your pepsi's and cokes.
Taco Time - you don't have to get fast food, but you can't stay here.
I know what I want as a side dish.
I know what I want as a side dish.
I know what I want as a side dish.
I want... a side dish.
Taco Time - time for you to get a burrito from a place called mexico.
Taco Time - they're open late enough for all your brother's and your sisters to come.
So gather up your wallets, a couple minutes at the drive-through, eating this many beans won't get you many friends.
Taco Time - every new burrito comes from some other burrito's end.
Yeah,
I know who I want to pay for me.
I know who I want to pay for me.
I know who I want to pay for me.
Pay for me.
Taco Time - time for you to get a burrito from a place called mexico.
I know what I want as a side dish.
I know what I want as a side dish.
I know what I want as a side dish.
I want... a side dish.
I know who I want to pay for me.
I know who I want to pay for me.
I know who I want to pay for me.
Pay for me.
Taco Time - every new burrito comes from some other burrito's end.
Some days, I just have too much time on my hands. Also, that was so lame of me to have done.
Don't fight the system, let it control you, it is the only way.
Evan got a myspace account and has been bitching about how horrible it is ever since =/ !
At July 28, 2005 6:24 PM,
☭CRUSH you. said…
Wait wait wait, I just read that again, Southworth is your friend?
....... I think I have to dissassociate myself from you now. Sorry.
At July 28, 2005 6:27 PM,
LillianJamesRavenwood said…
Wow, good job with the song. Very creative...
What's wrong with Jimmy? He's a very nice guy.
At July 29, 2005 12:09 PM,
☭CRUSH you. said…
James is not a nice guy, I have known him for many years and can say that with 100% certainty. He is an ass. Who should be shot. Repeatedly. Then hung. Then raped by mad goats. Then flayed. Not neccessarily in that order. He disgusts me. I would sooner be force-fed expired seafood and rat intestines than get food from him, I hope he is not hired and instead he is hit by a car which kills him dead.
At July 29, 2005 12:28 PM,
LillianJamesRavenwood said…
Oh! What did he ever do to you? He has never been anything but nice to me so I'll have to disagree with you on that. I'm not sure if he was hired or not but I'll probably find out tonight because I'm working. Wow, you really don't like Jimmy. That's kind of sad.
At August 02, 2005 3:08 PM,
Eric said…
Haha, you call Southworth "Jimmy", like he is little boy. I haven't talked to "Jimmy" since junior high, but I remember he wasn't always really that nice; one time he tried to strangle Evan, but it was funny because he was too weak to actually prevent him from breathing, so Evan just laughed at him a lot.
Congrats on your new job, by the way... now I feel even worse for being completely and totally unemployed. Does Amanda with the last name I cannot spell still work at A&W? It's crazy... I haven't seen her for like... a month, I think. She's the reason I never eat there.
I thought about entering into the strange world of myspace before, because honestly, I think I know a few more people there than I do on here; but really I'm quite comfortable in my little "blogger" blog. Those people are all boring/really creepy anyway... you people are just more interesting. Besides, half of the people there never even blog, they just have profiles with a lot of pointless pictures. The freaks...
You should also stand up to your mother; demand that she take no part in deciding what is to be done with the money that you have earned, because, really, it was you who earned it. If not that, at least convince her that every dollar spent of your own accord is, indeed, a dollar spent on yourself, even if it is to purchase a gift for another. What is that quote I like... ah, yes:
"Generosity is nothing else than a craze to possess. All which I abandon, all which I give, I enjoy in a higher manner through the fact that I give it away. To give is to enjoy possessively the object which one gives."
~Jean-Paul Sartre
At August 02, 2005 3:33 PM,
LillianJamesRavenwood said…
Eh, when I first met James I didn't really like him but then he started hanging out with my friends more and he's actually a really nice guy from what I've seen. Idk. Maybe he's changed? But yeah, we call him Jimmy Southside. Someone just made it up one day.
Yep, Amanda works there. She practically runs the place (when the managers aren't there that is). Why won't you eat there because she's there?
Ha, yeah, I haven't used my myspace blog since April I think. So yeah, it's kind of pointless I suppose. But not entirely, to be sure.
Oh, I like that quote. Well, I don't really think my mom will mind me spending money on her, because my parents like her best out of all my friends as they so often tell me. But for now I'm just avoiding the subject.
At August 02, 2005 4:39 PM,
Stephanie said…
rock on eric... I refuse to join myspace... now it's just a matter of stubborn principal... I won't cuz I don't have to. Hmph *crosses arms like a 5 yr. old* Little blogger blogs are good enough...
At August 02, 2005 8:34 PM,
Eric said…
Oh, it's not that I don't trust her or anything... really. But I used to have Personal Finance with her and these two Katies (good times... good times), and I remember that once she warned me never to eat at A&W/Taco Time. Or perhaps it was never to order a certain item... but I forgot which. Actually, she may have called off the warning some time ago... but I can't remember if that was something that actually happened. She is pretty cool though. Actually, she made me swear upon my copy of Fight Club to hang out with her a bit this summer, but I'm beginning to think she's thought better of it since I last saw her... who knows?
At August 02, 2005 8:38 PM,
LillianJamesRavenwood said…
Hmm...well I don't really like their food but I've never seen a reason why you shouldn't eat there. But then again, if you get taco time food, all of it is touched by someone's hands. Which would be mine if I was working. That kind of makes me not want to eat there. Actually, all of the food is touched by other people. But we wash our hands! Ha, now I'm just babbling.
But yeah, Amanda's awesome. She makes work a lot less like work.
Post a Comment
<< Home